-->

Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Mickey Mouse First Birthday Party

Well this blog is nearly four months late, but better late than never! We have been in the process of moving over the past few months and we are now settled into our new home. So today I am finally going to blog about my precious baby's first birthday party! We had a Mickey Mouse themed birthday, because this little guy LOVES "The Mouse."
 
We went to Disney World when Joshua was only eight months old. He absolutely adored the characters, including Mickey. So we thought it was only appropriate to have a party centered around   M-i-c-k-e-y - M-o-u-s-e.



I had a ton of fun preparing for this party. There are so many different ideas on Pinterest for a Mickey Mouse party, so I had plenty of inspiration.

The weeks preceding the party I worked on the decor. I made a wreath with yellow, red, and black tulle, and added mouse ears (styrofoam half spheres from Hobby Lobby painted black). The finishing touch was placing white cardstock in the center with "Welcome to Joshua's Clubhouse" in Disney Font. We hung the wreath on the front door to welcome the guests.


 

I also made a Mickey Mouse photo banner. From age one month through 12 months I had taken photos of Joshua wearing a white onesie and a sticker (also from Hobby Lobby - I love that store!) that displayed what age he was. I cut a photo from each month into a circle and mounted it on a circle piece of black cardstock. Then I cut smaller black circles and taped them to the top to look like Mickey ears. I recommend when hanging this banner to hang the string on the ends to the ears of the banner rather than the larger circle to keep the banner from flipping upside down.

 
 
Now for the yummy stuff! My dear friend is an incredible baker. She baked delicious Mickey Mouse head shaped cookies and a yummy cake! We decorated the cake table with pictures from Joshua's One Year Photo Shoot where we let him dig into a smash cake. Ummm, he was covered in cake! I think he liked it! 
 


 
For the party, we let Joshua dig into another smash cake since the first one was such a hit. We got this one from the Publix Bakery.
 

 

For the favor bags, I filled small white paper sacks with M&M's and added these little labels to the bags. Simple but a cute finishing touch!


I ordered the birthday boy this adorable Mickey onesie from PeacebyPiece01 on Etsy at https://www.etsy.com/listing/158621864/mickey-mouse-tie-first-birthday-onesie?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share. I thought it was precious!

 
I can't believe my baby is one! Trying to savor every moment. Happy Birthday Joshua!

No comments:

Post a Comment