-->

Saturday, March 1, 2014

A "Mike the Knight" Fourth Birthday Party


My adorable Ethan turns four this weekend. He is my little "knight in shining armor" so we decided to have  "Mike the Knight" Birthday party. Ethan loves watching "Mike the Knight" on Nickelodeon.

We invited all of his classmates from preschool, plus several friends from church, and of course family. The result? We ended up having over 60 people RSVP that they would be attending! This was thirty children. So what was originally planned to be a home party, quickly got changed to a party at the park! I was so thankful for a day with nice weather! It was chilly, but clear. March is such a hit or miss month when planning anything outdoors.

I did a lot of the craft work for the party myself, and I also had little help from Oriental Trading and Party City!

Here are the goodies I made for the children. I filled little bags with candy and added a label created with an image I found on Google of Mike the Knight. Simple! The hardest part was cutting out all of those circles, but I do have a little circle cutting tool which helped.
 

 
In addition to the goody bags, all of the girls received a Wizard Wand like the character Evie has on "Mike the Knight." I bought the wands from Oriental Trading.I loved how sparkly they were! http://www.orientaltrading.com/api/search?Ntt=glittery+gold+wands 

 
The boys got inflatable swords that I ordered from Oriental Trading. They loved playing with these during the party! I had a hard time getting some of them to stay inflated though.  I would recommend getting a different kind. Luckily we still had enough for all of the boys at the party.
 
We had separate goody bags for his younger friends. Children ages 2 and under received bags with cookies, cheese-its, fruit snacks, and a sucker.

 
I labeled this basket for the younger aged goody bags after "Squirt" the dragon on "Mike the Knight."



On the day of the party, we loaded up our van and headed to the park to set up. I am so very thankful for all of our friends who helped us get things ready!
 
How precious is this cupcake stand?! I ordered it from Oriental Trading.
My friend Sara baked the cupcakes and made homemade frosting.
Oh my goodness, they were delicious!

 
We had snacks set up and we served pizza for lunch.

 
The children played knight-themed games. They loved "slaying the dragon!" I found this dragon pinata at www.partycity.com. Advice: When playing with the pinata, I would recommend having the smaller children take their swings before the bigger children.We had several children not get a turn because the pinata busted before we got through the line. Oh well, I think everyone still enjoyed it!

 
I drew this picture of Mike the Knight and the children took turns pinning the feather on Mike the Knight's helmet.

 
I also drew a picture of Trollee onto a project board and cut out a hole for the childen to throw "jam" into Trollee's bucket.

 
It was so nice being at the park for the party. I truly think Ethan's favorite part was just running around in the grass playing swords with his friends!



 
Happy Fourth Birthday Ethan!!


No comments:

Post a Comment