-->

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Argh Mateys! "A Jake & the Neverland Pirates" Third Birthday Party

We just celebrated my son's fourth birthday party, and thought I would blog about his last party before I post about this more current one. Last year he wanted all things "Jake" from Disney's "Jake and the Neverland Pirates." So of course we decided to throw him a pirate party!

This was the first big party we had ever had at our home for any of our children. In the past, we had always had parties at different play places. However, I was trying to save money and I knew that with a little craftiness, we could have a ton of pirate fun without even leaving the house.

We decorated the family room with different pictures and balloons with characters from Disney's "Jake and the Neverand Pirate."
 
 
 
 
The chidren started with a treasure hunt!
They dug for small treasures in a pirate ship shaped sand box.
 

 
Then they played a bean bag toss game! Feed Tic Toc Croc!


 
They also played "Pin the hook on Captain Hook."
 
 
Last, the children "walked the plank!" I set up a balance beam in our garage and the children took turns walking across it with a pirate patch over one eye and holding a sword.
 
 
The children put their treasures from the treasure hunt as well as the prizes they earned from the other games into their loot bags. I made these from paper lunch sacks and printed out labels with each child's name.
 
 
 
A pirate party would not be complete without "Fish and Chips" (aka goldfish and chips)! We served the snacks out of beach pails. We also served pizza and cupcakes.


 
The children loved drinking out of their special Jake cups my friend snagged for me off the Target dollar aisle! We served them Crocodile Blood to drink...
aka Red Kool Aid!
 


I would definitely say our first "home" party was a success!
Happy third birthday Ethan!
 We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment